When it comes to custom fabrication, we specialize in the food grade industry, where we are mindful to adhere to all USDA precautions and procedures. For 4 years we have worked on projects both small and large, for customers across the greater Des Moines area. If you’re looking for a high-quality, custom fabricated, stainless steel project, McMahan Industrial is up to the task. This week we had a local food processing plant that needed a cutting table.
Current Project: Cutting Table for a Food Processing Plant
We were contacted by a local food processing plant and asked to custom fabricate a cutting table for them. Dimensions on this table are 72″x36″x43″. The table top has a 2″ lip to prevent any product from sliding off the table during the processing stage. For projects that are add-ons or extensions to existing structures, installation may be required. But this particular table is a stand alone and will only need to be delivered.
Project Timeline for Cutting Table
We like to take a 3 step approach to all our custom fabrication projects. Each step has a specific focus. The measurement process is all about communicating with the customer. The fabrication process is all about execution. Finally, the installation process is ensuring the customers expectations have been met.
Step 1: Measure
- Customer needs a table with very specific function and dimensions to fit into their current workspace
- Project Manager gathers information on the purpose and function then travels to the location to take measurements and gather notes on the area that the table will be used
- Project Manager constructs mechanical drawing (such as the one to the right) then will provide a quote to the customer with the timeline in which the customer needs the table completed
Step 2: Fabricate
- After the quote is accepted, the work begins!
- Because this project needs to be food grade quality we must be aware of the USDA requirements which include: “All product contact surfaces shall have a finish at least as smooth as a number 4 ground finish on stainless steel sheets, free of pits, cracks, folds, and other imperfections in the final fabricated form.” For more on USDA requirements click here.
Step 3: Install
- Once fabrication is complete, the customer and McMahan work together to schedule delivery
Past Custom Fabricated Projects
Smaller Custom Fabrication Projects
- Pad Eyes
- Step Extensions
- Food Grade Tables
- Conveyor modifications
Larger Custom Fabrication Projects
Why Choose McMahan?
- Specialized industry expertise pertaining to food processing plants
- We’re a one stop shop who will both fabricate and install
- We’re a small, locally owned business that is fully mobile
- We’ll move through the quoting process expediently, making us the best choice for projects with short deadlines
- We are AWS D1.1 structurally certified, ensuring the safest possible installations
- Being a small business means we have more flexibility in our scheduling and can handle both larger and smaller scale projects
Call us today at (515) 518-9972!